These easy and healthy pregnancy snack ideas will help keep you away from the junk food and stay on the path to eating right for you and your baby. Especially when you get to the point of being always being hungry.
All throughout my pregnancy I’ve been struggling to eat the right things so my baby gets the nutrients he/she needs to grow.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases.
I’m always looking on Pinterest for different pregnancy snack ideas but everything seems way too complicated to just grab for a snack. I mean I already have to make three meals a day for my two year old, I don’t want to spend any more time in the kitchen than I have to.
I also have a really hard time sticking to healthy snacks when I’m pregnant. It’s okay to treat yourself once in a while but it’s so hard not to give into those pregnancy cravings. So having a pregnancy snack idea list to stick to helps me stay on track.
Plus I want to eat snacks that fill me up while providing my baby with the nutrients he or she needs. You should be eating foods that are high in:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Folate (Folic Acid)
If you’re looking for more pregnancy snack ideas and healthy recipes for you and your baby, check out The Feel-Good Pregnancy Cookbook: 100 Nutritious and Delicious Recipes for a Healthy 9 Months and Beyond!
Related → Preparing Your Home Birth Supply List
Pregnancy survival must haves:
Easy & Healthy Pregnancy Snack Ideas
1. Hardboiled eggs – loaded with protein, all of the B vitamins, vitamin D and calcium.
2. Apple with peanut butter – the apple provides fiber and vitamin C, while the peanut butter adds protein and healthy fats.
3. Popcorn – considered one of the best sources of fiber, also high in magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
4. Roasted pumpkin seeds – contains healthy fats, magnesium and zinc.
5. Greek yogurt, granola & berries – greek yogurt provides protein, probiotics and calcium. Granola and berries can provide a variety of nutrients depending on which you choose.
6. Pistachio nuts – rich in potassium and vitamin B6.
7. Veggies & hummus – loaded with plant-based protein, iron, folate and B vitamins.
8. Avocado toast – high in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
9. Pita chips – contain fiber, protein, iron and magnesium.
10. String cheese – provides protein and calcium.
11. Baked potato – great source of vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium.
12. Chocolate covered banana – bananas are high in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. Milk chocolate contains some calcium and magnesium.
13. Natural beef jerky – high in protein, zinc and iron.
14. Rice cakes – low in calories but contain small amounts of vitamin B6, iron, potassium and zinc.
15. Roasted chickpeas – loaded with a variety of vitamins and miners, fiber and protein.
Related → Amazon Baby Registry Must Haves
16. Kale chips – great source of vitamins and minerals like iron, potassium and vitamin A.
17. Whole grain bagel & cream cheese – whole grain bagels contain fiber, vitamins and minerals, while cream cheese is high in vitamin A and has some vitamin B2.
18. Smoothies – depending on the fruits and vegetables you use, can be high in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
19. Dark chocolate – loaded with fiber, iron, magnesium and manganese.
20. Raw veggies – spinach, carrots, broccoli, green bell peppers, snow peas and green beans are some of the healthiest raw veggies.
21. Salsa – a good source of vitamin C and potassium.
22. Guacamole – avocados are high in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
23. Chia pudding – high in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
24. Dried fruit – contains up to 3.5 times the fiber, vitamins and minerals of fresh fruit.
25. Trail mix – make your own with nuts, seeds and unsweetened dried fruit to get the most nutritional value.
26. Salad – romaine lettuce has the most vitamins and minerals. Add chopped veggies, nuts or seeds, fresh fruit or hardboiled eggs to make it even healthier.
27. Oatmeal muffins – oatmeal provides fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. Also add blueberries or pumpkin puree to make it even healthier.
28. Cheese & crackers – cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, vitamin A and vitamin B12.
29. Granola bars – depending on ingredients can contain larger amounts of fiber and protein.
30. Cottage cheese – high in protein, vitamin B6 and zinc.
31. Pitted dates & nut butter – eating dates during pregnancy has shown to promote natural induction and shorter labor.
32. Sweet potato chips – good source of fiber, vitamin A and manganese.
33. Spinach dip – spinach is loaded with fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K1, folic acid, iron and calcium.
34. Yogurt Parfait – high in protein, calcium, B vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium.
35. Chocolate covered almonds – almonds contain fiber, protein, vitamin E, manganese and magnesium.
36. Cherry tomatoes & mozzarella cheese balls – tomatoes provide fiber, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K1 and folate.
37. Sliced strawberries on graham crackers – strawberries are high in fiber, vitamin C, manganese, folate and potassium.
38. Fruit salad – pineapple, blueberries, mango, strawberries, watermelon and red and purple grapes are some of the healthiest fruits you can eat.
39. Baked cinnamon apple slices – apples are rich in fiber, vitamin C and potassium, while cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants.
40. Frozen yogurt & berries – whole milk frozen yogurt contains protein, calcium, vitamin A and iron.
Get everything you need for your new baby all in one place! Sign up for an Amazon Baby Registry to receive:
- a 10% completion discount across Amazon.com
- 15% completion discount for Amazon Mom members
- FREE 90-day returns on Baby Store purchases
- It’s universal – add items to an Amazon Baby Registry from any site
- Over 270,000 baby items within the baby store
- Free shipping on orders over $25 or fast, FREE delivery on millions of Items with Prime
- a FREE Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box that contains items for parents and baby, and is valued at up to $35